Date:      Sun, 10 Feb 2002 21:22:00 +0200
From:      Soso Lolex <sosobsd@email.ro>
To:        Eric Theobald <eric_theobald@yahoo.com>
Cc:        questions freebsd <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 4.5 Installation Failure

Hi,
  Well my problem was that the image was broken. You can check if your installation CD is ok, by generating MD5 hashes for all the files (or the files that fail to install; e.g. my installation failed during /bin installation so I checked only the files from the /bin directory from the installing CD) and comparing the results with the original ones from the cd (CHECKSUM.MD5). If it wouldnt match, then your cd is corrupted. In my case, 2 files from the bin directory were corrupted...
  I hope this helps, but your error message seems to be related with the fact that you dont have enough disk space, at least thats what I think (I'm a newbie to :)) ).