Date:      Wed, 16 May 2001 17:06:24 -0400
From:      "Deepak Jain" <deepak@ai.net>
To:        "questions@FreeBSD. ORG" <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   proc size mismatch

I have got a server that is running
4.2-RELEASE FreeBSD 4.2-RELEASE #0

w returns:

 5:01PM  up 4 days, 13:05, 1 user, load averages: 9.06, 6.88, 6.36
USER             TTY      FROM              LOGIN@  IDLE WHAT
w: proc size mismatch (337920 total, 1048 chunks): Undefined error: 0

as does top, and systat.

When I copy the w, systat, or top programs from a machine running the same
kernel without the error, the problem does not change or go away.

I have tried 4.1 binaries as well. Any suggestions would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,

Deepak Jain
AiNET