Date:      Mon, 30 Sep 2013 16:08:34 -0400
From:      ajtiM <lumiwa@gmail.com>
To:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   9.2

Hi!

I have to used FreeBSD 10.0-ALPHA1 for a while but it was to difficult =
for me. I run FreeBSD on iMac 11,1 which has:
Chipset Model:	ATI Radeon HD 4850
  Type:	GPU
  Bus:	PCIe
  PCIe Lane Width:	x16
  VRAM (Total):	512 MB
  Vendor:	ATI (0x1002)
  Device ID:	0x944a
  Revision ID:	0x0000
  ROM Revision:	113-B9110C-425
  EFI Driver Version:	01.00.383
  Displays:
iMac:
  Display Type:	LCD
  Resolution:	2560 x 1440
  Pixel Depth:	32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
  Main Display:	Yes
  Mirror:	Off
  Online:	Yes
  Built-In:	Yes
  Connection Type:	DisplayPort

On FreeBSD 10.0-ALPHA1 it worked very good but for me 3D is not =
important. I installed FreeBSD 9.2 one hour ago without problem and run =
"portsnap fetch extrac"t and I like to install Xorg and KDE. Do I need =
to have in make.conf "with_new_xorg=3Dyes", please? Does xorg t need =
hal?.  Does anyone has Radeon 4850 GPU type, please and it works?
I had problems with sound settings on CURRENT and I note that will be =
better now.

Thank you very much.

Mitja
----