Date:      Wed, 23 Jul 1997 10:27:35 +0200
From:      Jan A Knepper <Jan@jak.nl>
To:        "Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com" <michaelv@MindBender.serv.net>, FreeBSD-ISP@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD and NT

Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com wrote:

> (Though I don't buy
> the Novell guy's story

I am not a Novell guy...

> -- a tired has-been OS that is way past its
> prime -- it might run a little faster, but what does it give you?  Not
>
> much.)

The fact of the matter is that in most of the instances where NT server
is used NetWare would perform a lot better.It is not a matter of running
a LITTLE faster. The difference is that NT server chokes with any more
than 10 users. I.e. performance goes doen quickly. NetWare doesn't even
have that problem with 100 users!

Then, what would NT server give that IntranetWare 4.11 does not give?

> >> I'm willing to accept that there is a buggy driver(s) which is
> biting
> >> many people, and causing them lots of instability.

Well, you better try so serious networking and see how it hangs
itself... Not even a blue screen!

Don't worry, be Kneppie!
Jan