Date:      Wed, 4 Jul 2001 09:05:12 -0700
From:      David Greenman <dg@root.com>
To:        Greg Quinlan <gwq_uk@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: fxp NIC error!

>Intel EtherExpress Pro 10/100 EEPROM contents:
>  Station address 00:A0:C9:90:18:C6.
>  Receiver lock-up bug exists. (The driver work-around
>I'm not quite sure what this means! It mentions
>something about a receiver lock-up bug???
>
>Does anyone have any knowledge of this bug and if 4.3S
>has the work around.

   Yes, I'm familiar with the bug, and yes, FreeBSD does have the work-around
for it. It is not the cause of the problem that you're reporting.
   Have you tried setting the speed and duplex to manual/forced settings?

-DG

David Greenman
Co-founder, The FreeBSD Project - http://www.freebsd.org
President, TeraSolutions, Inc. - http://www.terasolutions.com
Pave the road of life with opportunities.