Date:      Mon, 27 Dec 1999 18:27:02 -0800 (PST)
From:      Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
To:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Proposed patch to fix VN device (again)

:
:In message <199912280153.RAA35369@apollo.backplane.com>, Matthew Dillon writes:
:
:>    Huh?  Look Poul, I don't know what your problem is but I'm through
:>    playing around with you.   You aren't making any sense and, frankly my
:>    dear sir, the buffer cache, vm_pager interface, VN device, and
:>    vm_pager_strategy subsystem is my ball of wax, not yours...
:
:Sorry, not so (and you've been told plenty many times already).
:
:You should fix the swap-pager to remove this last smoldering
:assumption about the existence of /dev/drum, rather than obfuscate
:the rest of the system by adding it back.
:
:I know it means more work for you, but we're not here to cut corners,
:we're here to get a better system.  We don't get a better system if
:you keep pushing the dirty bits into obscure corners of the kernel
:rather than fix them where they need fixed.

    Sorry Poul, but you have no authority in this matter.  All the statements
    you have made in the last hour simply point out, in very clear terms,
    that you don't know what you are talking about.  Instead of simply
    admiting a mistake or even spending some time to review the code
    more closely, your solution is instead to continue to make outrageous
    statements.

    Frankly, Poul, I strongly, *STRONGLY* recommend that you simply not
    reply to any of my postings.  Not a single one, because I am wholely
    sick and tired of your superiority complex.  This thread was not meant
    for you, and your presence in it is not welcome.  And don't even think
    about doing an end-run around me and committing your frankly inappropriate
    'solution' - I'm going through proper channels to get this in.

						-Matt