Date:      Sun, 1 Jul 2001 15:26:16 -0400
From:      Isaac Mushinsky <itz@mushinsky.net>
To:        DZUNG TRAN <whiskiman@yahoo.com>, "freebsd-questions" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: X windows

Have you installed a window manager?
Since you see that screen and can use you mouse, it seems that the X serv=
er=20
itself is installed correctly.

In particular, the window manager that should be started up by your xinit=
rc=20
script (that is either ~/.xinitrc or in the absence thereof=20
/etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc).

If you are still confused, send your xinitrc script and the messages from=
 the=20
X server (try startx 1>file 2>&1).