Date:      Wed, 22 Jun 2005 16:51:04 -0500
From:      "Andrew L. Gould" <algould@datawok.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, Gerard Seibert <gerard-seibert@suscom.net>
Subject:   Re: Configuring Apache with DynDNS

On Sunday 19 June 2005 09:07 am, Gerard Seibert wrote:
> I am attempting to get Apache to work on my computer. My ISM only
> supplies me with a dynamic IP as well as blocking of port 80. I am
> using DynDNS to try and circumvent that situation.
>
> My knowledge of how to accomplish this quite frankly stinks. Even
> using a copy of O'Reilly's Apache has not helped me much.
>
> If anyone has a similar type of setup, I would appreciate them
> contacting me directly. I can supply all of my configuration files
> for them to look at. I am probably just doing something really stupid
> but I lack the knowledge to figure it out on my own.
>
> Thanks!

1.  Is your server updating DynDNS with your new IP address
successfully?

2.  Take a look at DynDNS's MyWebHop service.  This service forwards
port 80 to whatever port you choose.  That way, the redirection is
transparent to people accessing your site.

3.  The only change in Apache configuration needed (relating to the port
blocking issue) is to change the port the Apache listens on.  This is
done in the httpd.conf file.  If you're not familiar with this file,
you can get lots of good information at:

http://httpd.apache.org/

Best of luck,

Andrew Gould