Date:      Thu, 18 Nov 1999 16:31:03 -0500
From:      Christopher Michaels <ChrisMic@clientlogic.com>
To:        'Ariel Burbaickij' <Ariel.Burbaickij@mni.fh-giessen.de>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: cvsup ports-all question

I don't mean to be sarcastic.  But what is
http://www.fbsd.org/masterindex.html supposed to point to?!?!  Assuming this
is http://www.FreeBSD.org/masterindex.html that doesn't even exist.

AH.. you meant http://www/FreeBSD.org/ports/master-index.html.  Next time
you should say exactly what you mean.  But, despite that.  the master index
is literally a list of every single available port.  They are not organized
in categories or anything.

The actual structure is better mirrored by just
http://www.FreeBSD.org/ports/index.html.

The next time you are having trouble finding a port try doing the following:

	cd /usr/ports
	make search key=<whatever you are searching for>  (e.g. make search
key=kde)

-Chris