Date:      Mon, 17 Aug 1998 18:46:41 -0400
From:      Lee Cremeans <lee@st-lcremean.tidalwave.net>
To:        Paul van der Zwan <paulz@trantor.stuyts.nl>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Cards sharing irq's on PCI bus

On Mon, Aug 17, 1998 at 11:27:38PM +0200, Paul van der Zwan wrote:
> > >well, that's unclear, last i heard linux was the only OS to support shared
> > >IRQs and i don't even know how well it handled it. (i think it was more of
> > >a "don't use them at the same time" deal)
> >
> > PCI irq sharing is standard in FreeBSD.
> >
> > Bruce
> >
> If it is , what might be the cause of the terrible network performance if
> the SMC and the 2940 are both on irq 9 ??
>
> 	Paul

Have you checked your BIOS to see if PCI interrupts are set to "level"
trigger instead of "edge"? You have to have it set to "level" for IRQ
sharing to work correctly.

--
Lee C. -- Manassas, VA, USA  (WakkyMouse on DALnet #watertower)
A! JW223 YWD+++^ri P&B++ SL+++^i GDF B&M KK--i MD+++i P++ I++++ Did