Date:      Fri, 24 Nov 2000 10:39:57 +0000
From:      Steve Reames <reames@diskdrive.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Sysinstall crash on install

Greetings all,
	I'm installing FreeBSD 4.1 on a 120 MHz Pentium. I'm following the
instructions in the Lehey book. Both floppies load OK, system get to point
where I get about two screens of "ppd0: blah blah blah, fd0: blah blah
blah". When sysinstall programs starts, I see the color screen for about
0.1 seconds. The screen goes blank for 5 seconds and restarts again with
the click-click-click of the memory test (cold boot).
	All I can figure is a jump to the cold boot vector, or an unexpected
non-maskable interrupt. Has anyone seen this problem? I don't need an exact
solution, but if someone could send me in the right direction I would
appreciate it. (Note: I'm well versed with hardware and Windows, a novice
with FreeBSD.)

Thanks,
Steve Reames
reames@diskdrive.com