Date:      Thu, 13 Sep 2001 09:18:16 -0400
From:      dochawk@psu.edu
To:        "David Loszewski" <stealth215@mediaone.net>
Cc:        "'Brandt Everett'" <everett@bentonrea.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: vi question, please help...

dave deliberated,

> When installing FreeBSD in sysinstall I had selected vim, so wouldn=92t=
 it
> be the assumption that vim has already be installed?  Should I not
> assume this as well as not to assume that other such programs from
> sysinstall has been installed either?

vim does not replace vi; they coexist.  To use vim you must specify =

vim, or make an alias.

hawk

-- =

Prof. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.                  /"\   ASCII ribbon campai=
gn =

dochawk@psu.edu  Smeal 178  (814) 375-4700      \ /   against HTML mail
These opinions will not be those of              X    and postings =

Penn State until it pays my retainer.           / \ =