Date:      Wed, 29 Jan 2014 13:47:15 -0600
From:      Mark Felder <feld@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-jail@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: fast way to update jails (FreeBSD 10.0 host)

On Wed, Jan 29, 2014, at 6:46, Nicolas de Bari Embriz Garcia Rojas
wrote:
> Hi, I avoid mergemaster since ask for to  many changes, it is faster for
> me some times  just copy  /etc.old =E2=80=94> /etc important files, but t=
his
> maybe because I am using the bad flags.
>=20
> Can you please give me a tip or some good flags that I should use when
> using mergemaster.
>=20
> thanks in advance.
>=20

Put this in /etc/mergemaster.rc

AUTO_INSTALL=3D'yes'
AUTO_UPGRADE=3D'yes'
# THIS ONE IS FOR JAILS
#IGNORE_FILES=3D'/boot/device.hints /etc/motd'
IGNORE_FILES=3D'/etc/motd'
# Do not display changes that only affect whitespace
DIFF_FLAG=3D'-Bub'
FREEBSD_ID=3D'yes'
DELETE_STALE_RC_FILES=3D'yes'