Date:      Sun, 2 Mar 2003 14:58:58 -0500
From:      "Matthew Emmerton" <matt@gsicomp.on.ca>
To:        "Ceri Davies" <setantae@submonkey.net>, "Bill Moran" <wmoran@potentialtech.com>
Cc:        "Pedro F. Giffuni" <giffunip@yahoo.com>, "Jim Mock" <mij@soupnazi.org>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: The web-based bug interface is currently disabled.

> > >OK, I'm screwed :(. It's difficult to find committers
> > >interested in my ports (math/cad stuff) anyway. I
> > >guess I'll just keep'em for myself for some more time.
> >
> > Or you could consider helping find a way to re-enable
> > the www to send-pr while preventing script kiddies from
> > abusing it.

Why not have a "pr-moderator" for each category (i386, kern, doc, etc), who
approves each incoming PR.  Basically this person would act as a front-line
defense against spammers, but it would also allow them to assign PRs to
developers as they are submitted, rather than letting them sit in the PR
database for weeks/months before anyone picks them up.

--
Matt Emmerton