Date:      Thu, 22 Jun 2000 11:59:59 +0200
From:      Willem Brown <willem@brwn.org>
To:        ld <ld@net2000.ch>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: multiple natd in rc.conf ?

Hi,

Ouch! From the rc.conf man page:

     The purpose of rc.conf is not to run commands or perform system startup
     actions directly.  Instead, it is included by the various generic startup
     scripts in /etc which conditionalize their internal actions according to
     the settings found there.

natd is called from within the /etc/rc.network script. It only caters for one
natd setup. So maybe you can add another line to start another natd with the
second config file. Or maybe you shouldn't be listening to me.

Regards
Willem Brown

On Thu, Jun 22, 2000 at 10:17:56AM +0200, ld wrote:
> Hi all,
> How can i say rc.conf to start natd ?
> i have in /etc/rc.conf:
> natd -f /etc/natd1.conf&
> natd -f /etc/natd2.conf&
> Is there a better way to do it ?
>
> when box starts, '$ ps ax | grep' natd gives me:
>   344  ??  Is     0:00.07 natd -f /etc/natd1.conf
>   348  ??  Is     0:00.07 natd -f /etc/natd1.conf
>   400  p0  S      0:00.01 natd -f /etc/natd2.conf
>   404  p0  S      0:00.01 natd -f /etc/natd2.conf
> why does natd started two times ?
>
> another problem in rc.conf:
> /usr/local/sbin/sshd
> gives me:
> sshd[433]: error: bind: Address already in use
> sshd runs fine but gives me this message ...
>
> any help welcome
> Luc

 /*      Linux, FreeBSD, NetBSD, OpenBSD. The choice is yours.      */

If it's good, they discontinue it.