Date:      Thu, 17 Dec 1998 15:35:52 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Crist J. Clark" <cjc@cc942873-a.ewndsr1.nj.home.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG (FreeBSD Questions)
Subject:   Web Download

I've got a question that ju-ust borders on a ports question
enough that I feel OK bringing it here. There is a server that
has a single data file that we would like to download daily.
This used to be done via a cron script and ftp. However, the
server recently stopped allowing anonymous logins... but it
is wide open under http. We want to still get this _one_
file, but the only people here with the relations and the
reasons to get the ftp access to be changed back won't do it.
So, I will need to use http.

So, my questions are:

1)	A quick look at lynx has not revealled to me a quick
	and dirty way to get it to download it in a script.
	Anyone familiar enough with lynx to show me how I
	would do it?

2)	There are a number of mirror type utilities in the ports.
	However, I am pressed for space on my hard drive (and
	actually would rather do this on a different machine)
	and think that an elaborate mirror utility is overkill.
	Are there any web utilities that would be reasonable for
	downlioading _ONE_ file a day?