Date:      Wed, 11 Jun 2014 19:58:42 +0700 (WIB)
From:      Gerald Pfeifer <gerald@pfeifer.com>
To:        ports@FreeBSD.org, Antoine Brodin <antoine@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Who broke staging as user?

This is a new failure that I found when testing a (trivial) update
to lang/gcc410 with some of my usual scripts:

  ====> Compressing man pages (compress-man)
  ===>   Installing ldconfig configuration file
  cannot create $WRKDIRPREFIX/stage/home/gerald/10-i386/libdata/ldconfig/gcc49: No such file or directory
  *** Error code 2

After scratching my head, I reran my tests for lang/gcc49 as in the
tree today, and -- failure as well.

Since I never commit an update to one of these ports without this
kind of testing something must have broken this on June 6th or later.

Digging into svn log $PORTSDIR/Mk a bit, here is my suspect:

  r357076 | antoine | 2014-06-08 21:25:54 +0000 (Sun, 08 Jun 2014) | 8 lines

  Kill NO_LDCONFIG_MTREE, it is long dead
  Make USE_LDCONFIG work when PREFIX!=LOCALBASE,
  LDCONFIG_DIR and LDCONFIG_32DIR are expected in LOCALBASE

  Phabric:        D195
  Reviewed by:    bapt
  With hat:       portmgr

For my test, LOCALBASE=/home/gerald/10-i386 and PREFIX=/scratch2/tmp/gerald/prefix.

But, in general LOCALBASE may not be writeable, whereas PREFIX is,
so I somehow doubt the logic to begin with.

Though the failure here is a lack of ${MKDIR} in the staging directory
somewhere it seems?

Gerald