Date:      Thu, 19 Oct 2000 08:23:06 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Jason Denton <denton@CS.ColoState.EDU>
To:        Philip Kizer <pckizer@nostrum.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: UMASS storage device

> That would be the "SanDisk" reader?

Actually, its the reader that cam with my i-jam 50 mp3 player. But I think
it should be the same, windows reports it as a usb mass storage device.

> Well, I have a SCSI card, so I have a few SCSI options in my kernel in
> general.  I would think all you would need would be the following, though:
>
> device		scbus		# SCSI bus (required)
> device		da		# Direct Access (disks)
>
> In addition to the:
>
> device		uhci		# UHCI PCI->USB interface
> device		ohci		# OHCI PCI->USB interface
> device		usb		# USB Bus (required)
> device		umass		# Disks/Mass storage - Requires scbus and da

yep, go those. Except for ohci. My understanding is that ochi/uchi are
chipsets for usb? You generally have one or the other but not both - I
know I have uhci. Am I wrong on this? Also have ugen in the kernel.

> mkdir /mnt/camera
> mount /mnt/camera
>
> Be sure to 'umount /mnt/camera' before pulling the card out.

I get a /dev/da0s1 not configured when I try this. What do I need to do to
fix this? Already done a MAKEDEV.

If it helps any, output from usbdevs is :
addr 1: UHCI root hub, VIA
 addr 2: SCM Micro USBAT-02 , SHUTTLE

Jason Denton