Date:      Mon, 23 Jul 2001 17:14:08 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
To:        Martin Aherron <martin@cybernetics.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Qlogic 2200 FC card problems

Try one or both of:

a) Enable the BIOS

b) Make sure that you're downloading f/w, do one of:

	i) add
		ispfw_load="YES"
	to /boot/loader.conf

	ii) add
		device ispfw
	to your config file.

It's failing to attach because there's no firmware loaded into SRAM for the
command to the ROM to execute (that's the 0x2 command failing).

It'd be nice if I had code in place that did the appropriate flash rom read
and hand loaded firmware from the flash rom if I wasn't downloading from
ispfw, but the stuff in flash rom is so unpredictable that I always say "load
the firmware from the kernel".

The reason this is a separate module is that it's big and won't fit on the
install floppy. Also, eventually, we'll be able to reclaim memory from modules
when we unload them. Next year, probably....

This should probably be a FAQ, yes.