Date:      Mon, 23 Nov 1998 11:14:20 -0500
From:      Forrest Aldrich <forrie@forrie.com>
To:        sthaug@nethelp.no
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Problems with BusLogic BT-958

>Possibly. I don't know the architecture of these controllers well
>enough. I always wondered why you had to add *ISA* config entries
>for a PCI controller.
[ ... ]

That's a good point... I wonder why, in this case.  The BT-958 is
a PCI card.

>> Anyhow, despite these errors, are you able to
>> run the system without problems?
>
>Yes, the system runs. Not particularly *fast*, but it runs.
[ ... ]

Hmmm... this might be a clue.  These are Ultra Wide drives,
and one would expect this to be very fast.  If they're not running
well, this might indicate some driver conflict, perhaps?

I hope the technical people will speak up on this one (hint hint).

Forrest