Date:      Sat, 17 Sep 2016 17:19:11 +0200
From:      Emmanuel Vadot <manu@bidouilliste.com>
To:        Daniel Braniss <danny@cs.huji.ac.il>
Cc:        arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ALLWINNER/h3 malfunction

On Wed, 7 Sep 2016 16:34:48 +0300
Daniel Braniss <danny@cs.huji.ac.il> wrote:

> Hi All!
>=20
> I am playing with an orangepi-one, and I now compiled a kernel without IN=
VARIANTS & WITNESS
> and it panics, when compiled without WITNESS, it boots, but for example t=
he awg comes up
> with a semi random ethernet address, so clearly there is some timing issu=
es. I have placed the panic in
>         http://www.cs.huji.ac.il/~danny/orangepi/op1.panic.1
>=20
> and so if someone can point me to where some delay can be added ?
>=20
> thanks,
> 	danny
>=20

 Hello Daniel,

 I'll admit that I've never tested ALLWINNER kernel without INVARIANTS
or WITNESS recently, I'll try that.
 I assume that you've patched your DTS for ethernet support, can you
try with the unpatched one ?
 It seems that it panic because the mod0 clk doesn't have the correct
parent.

 For the semi random MAC address this is expected. The awg driver
generate a random one if it can't use the SID root key as
the "source", which we don't support for now on H3 (it shouldn't be=20
hard to add support for the H3).

 Cheers,

--=20
Emmanuel Vadot <manu@bidouilliste.com> <manu@freebsd.org>