Date:      Wed, 5 Jul 2000 17:47:10 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Dima Dorfman <dima@unixfreak.org>
To:        Don Cohen <donc@compsvcs.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 3CCFE575CT-D ethernet pcmcia card

> (I've not had any replies from earlier messages sent to
> questions@FreeBSD.org, but maybe this address is better?)

I believe they're the same thing.

> My current questions are therefore:
> - Is this simply not supported un the generic configuration
>   in which case I have to find another way to install, or is this
>   actually compatible if I just find the right settings, in which
>   case how can I do that?
> - If this card is not supported in the generic configuration, is
>   there some way to get it to work after I install?
>   If so, how?  If not, is that likely to appear soon?

As far as I know, FreeBSD 4.0 (and below) does not have support for
CardBus PCMCIA cards.  I have a similar card, and was not able to get
FreeBSD to work with it.

There is a project working on implementing CardBus support (along with
other things) into FreeBSD.  Take a look at:
http://www.jp.freebsd.org/newconfig.

Hope this helps

	--dima

--
Dima Dorfman <dima@unixfreak.org> - Enriched/HTML messages > /dev/null
PGP Fingerprint: CC 2A DD 54 12 85 7D 8B  B3 CE B3 10 9C BE D5 69

Love is the triumph of imagination over intelligence.