Date:      Wed, 30 May 2001 12:18:53 -0700
From:      "Bruce A. Mah" <bmah@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Randy Pratt <rpratt@ezwv.com>
Cc:        Nik Clayton <nik@FreeBSD.ORG>, Murray Stokely <murray@FreeBSD.ORG>, freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Illustrated Installation Guide

--==_Exmh_-1241567473P

If memory serves me right, Randy Pratt wrote:
> I finished the first pass of the installation guide in sgml format. Since
> this is my first attempt, I'm sure there's still work that needs to be done
> (sgml and content).

Nicely done sir!

Hope you don't mind a couple nitpicks:

1.  You used <keycap></keycap> elements in a few places where it's not
quite appropriate (look for the first couple or three times this gets
used).  Told you this was a nitpik.

2.  There's a few places where you refer to programs such as ifconfig,
et al.  Usually we use &man entities for this (so ifconfig would be
written &man.ifconfig.8;).  This makes hyperlinks to HTML-ized manpages
work.

Don't know if you have tried this yet, but I thought the PDF version of
your file looked pretty nifty too....

	% make FORMATS=pdf
	% acroread book.pdf

I personally would love to see this document replace the installation
guide in RELNOTESng.  About the only thing that it has that your preview
does not is how one goes about actually obtaining the distribution.  In
any case, we ought to have more pointers to your document.

Cheers,

Bruce.

--==_Exmh_-1241567473P

--==_Exmh_-1241567473P--