Date:      Thu, 4 Jan 2001 13:16:11 -0500
From:      Tim McMillen <timcm@umich.edu>
To:        "Zaitsau, Andrei" <AZaitsau@panasonicfa.com>, "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: C programming

I would still go with "The C programming Language"  2nd ed.  By
Kernighan and Ritchie.   While terse and complete at the same time it
is still accessible to someone with no C experience.  That's a tough
combination and they did it.  It starts with hello world and moves up.
They are typically very precise in their wording and almost evry
sentance is useful.
	If you read and studied it and worked through all of the example
problems they have in it you would be well on your way to being a
decent C coder.
see:
http://www.cs.bell-labs.com/cm/cs/cbook/index.html

						Tim