Date:      Mon, 18 Jun 2001 11:33:38 +0200
From:      "Oliver Blasnik" <oliver.blasnik@nextra.de>
To:        "Joseph Gleason" <clash@fireduck.com>, <freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: hardware to control multiple FreeBSD boxes via serial?

Hi Joseph,

----- Original Message -----
From: "Joseph Gleason" <clash@fireduck.com>

> I am looking for a peice of hardware that allows me and my crew to control
> bunch of FreeBSD boxes via serial console.

We'd very good experiences with Async Servers from Moxa, highly
configurable,
but max. 16 Ports in 1U.
http://www.moxa.com

Theres also a "new" product from Cyclades, which is (sorry..., but:)
Linux-based,
allows ssh and more packaged (32 ports in 1U). They're in eval at the
moment.
http://www.cyclades.com/products/stdalone/ts1_2000.htm

We checked out the Digi Portservers, but they do need to much rackspace and
are - compared to others - too expensive.

HTH, Oliver
--
-- http://www.nextra.de - INTERNET@WORK ----- oliver.blasnik@nextra.de --
 Nextra Deutschland     | Oliver Blasnik      Senior System Administrator