Date:      Fri, 29 Dec 1995 10:00:38 +1100 (EST)
From:      Anthony Hill <ahill@interconnect.com.au>
To:        Kevin McQuiggin <mcquiggi@sfu.ca>
Cc:        docs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: your mail

On Thu, 28 Dec 1995, Kevin McQuiggin wrote:

> The URL I supplied for ftp install was ftp://142.58.14.242/e:/dists, as that
> is the subdir on the CD ROM containing the bin directory, etc.

This, I think is your problem. I have never had to enter a drive letter
when ftp'ing anywhere. I think you should try ftp'ing to your windows
machine using another ftp program, and discover what you have to enter to
get to the CDROM.

It would not surprise me if there was a configuration item for your
windows FTP host that allowed you to set the root directory for people
ftp'ing in. (Something like "default directory", under "FTP", under
"SETUP" perhaps ?)  You would point this root dir at your CDROM.

Anthony