Date:      Fri, 13 Feb 1998 09:25:56 -0800
From:      "Sean J. Schluntz" <schluntz@clicknet.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Doom Error in X.

Hi, I attempted to run the copy of doom that comes with FreeBSD v2.2.5
and I'm getting the following error:

% doom
                           DOOM System Startup
v1.8
V_Init: allocate screens.
M_LoadDefaults: Load system defaults.
Z_Init: Init zone memory allocation daemon.
W_Init: Init WADfiles.
        adding /usr/local/share/doom/doom1.wad
        shareware version.
M_Init: Init miscellaneous info.
R_Init: Init DOOM refresh daemon - [...................]
P_Init: Init Playloop state.
I_Init: Setting up machine state.
Bad system call
musserver: no synth devices found, exiting.
Could not open /dev/dsp
ioctl(dsp,-1073459190,arg) failed
errno=9

What does this mean? I've tried loading it as me and as root.  I'm
running Xaccel v4.1 and cde from Xinside.

Thanks!

-Sean