Date:      Mon, 5 Jul 1999 10:48:28 +0200
From:      Ladavac Marino <mladavac@metropolitan.at>
To:        'Matthias Meyser' <Matthias.Meyser@harz.de>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: FreeBSD is painfully slow on my 486

	[ML]  We've covered that already.  FYI, if the turbo is not
connected, it defaults to on.  OTOH, '486 cannot change the clock
frequency on the fly (it has lotsa DRAM storage in it), what the turbo
switch did was to disable L2 cache.  And that is exactly what the
original poster did in his BIOS--he had L2 cache always disabled.