Date:      Thu, 09 Dec 1999 12:38:04 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Julian C. Dunn" <julian.dunn@Matrox.COM>
To:        Jonathon McKitrick <jcm@dogma.freebsd-uk.eu.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: where to put adzapper

On 09-Dec-1999 Jonathon McKitrick wrote:
> Well, that's what i tried:
>
>#!/bin/sh
>
> /usr/local/sbin/adzapper &
>
> and it wasn't running when i started up netscape.  And i
> don't know enough about the rc.d directory to figure out why
> it didn't work.

I think there are directions that come with the distribution that tell you how
to make a daemon out of it. Doing so will make a script file called adzapperd,
which will then run in the background automatically. If you don't figure it out
before tomorrow, let me know and I'll mail you the contents of the adzapperd
script (I'm not at home and I can't access my home computer from here)

There's nothing special about that rc.d directory -- it's just a predefined
location (defined in /etc/defaults/rc.conf) as a place to look for additional
startup scripts.

- Julian

--
Julian C. Dunn <julian.dunn@matrox.com>
ASIC Validation Group, Matrox Graphics Inc.

istream >> ostream >> "We all scream for ice cream";