Date:      Mon, 21 Jan 2002 12:19:52 -0800 (PST)
From:      Tenebrae <tenebrae@niceboots.com>
To:        Sam Drinkard <sam@wa4phy.net>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Write command timeout revisited

On Sun, 20 Jan 2002, Sam Drinkard wrote:

> I updated day before yesterday, and now have begun to see the "ad0:
> WRITE command timeout
> tag=0 serv=0 - resetting " in my syslog again.  What was the general
> consensus about this, and did anything change between 4.5-Pre and RC-2
> that would start this going again.. fwiw, the 4.5-Pre did not ever have
> this happen.  Someone made mention of the fact that the drive is an
> IBM-DJNA-372200 but I don't recall what bearing this has.  From my log,
> it appears to occur after about 0200 local, after the daily cron runs.
>
> Comments?

I have an IBM-DPTA-372730 which has this same entry show up at fairly
random points.  It happened this morning at 7:19am, but didn't happen
at all the two days before.  This is a fairly low traffic server.

steeltoe# uname -a
FreeBSD xxx.xxx.com 4.3-STABLE FreeBSD 4.3-STABLE #0: Thu May 17 22:58:45 PDT 2001 root@xxx.xxx.com:/usr/src/sys/compile/GENERIC i386

I have an ASUS P5A socket 7 motherboard with the latest BIOS version
available (1011.002).  This motherboard's IDE controller is ATA-33 and
aforementioned harddrive is ATA-100 <AcerLabs Aladdin ATA33 controller>.
Cable connecting them is 18" 40-conductor ribbon cable that came with the
motherboard.

So, um...
"Me too!"
								-Tenebrae.