Date:      Sun, 30 Jun 2002 10:52:07 -0700
From:      "James" <effdefender@earthlink.net>
To:        "Xeon" <xeon@gmx.ch>
Cc:        "FreeBSD Questions" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Getting KDE to work

> you have to put startkde into a file called .xinitrc, which is located in
your home
>directory. then you can start X-server by typing startx. But you need to
configure X
>first, have a look into the handbook to see how.

Ok, I've done that.
When I try startx it gives me additional errors like:
xauth:  (argv):1:  bad display name "Defender.sys.gtei.net:0" in "list"
command
xauth:  (argv):1:  bad display name "Defender.sys.gtei.net:0" in "add"
command

..then it continutes to load and then says:

Symbol vgaHWUnmapMem from module /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers/nv_drv.o is
unresolved!

Fatal server error:
Caught signal 11.  Server aborting

So, how do I resolve the driver problem?  I'm using an Nvidia GeForce 3 Ti
200 card, and it told me to use the nv driver (so does the documentation on
XFree86.org)

Thank you,
-James Turnbull