Date:      Thu, 9 Nov 2000 00:05:44 -0600
From:      kris@grinz.com
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: more firewall confusion

Thanks for all the replies.  After checking all my routes and ipfw
rules, I found everything to be setup correctly.  As it turns out, the
problem was with the windows box running the FTPd.  It is a Win98
box and used to have Network Ice (black ice "firewall") installed.
After "properly" uninstalling NetIce and rebooting, registry entries
were still being initialized somehow.  Basically, I had to regedit and
remove the stale NetIce reg entries and reboot again to resolve the
issue mentioned previously.

My apologies for bothering the list about this.  I hope that this
thread may help someone in the future who may be confused about
a similar problem.

Regards,

Kris