Date:      Thu, 13 Apr 2000 09:34:12 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Konstantin Orekhov <techkins@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Cyclades and MAKEDEV

Hello people!

I've installed Cyclades-Y 16 port in our 4.0-release
machine. Recompiled kernel, rebooted.

dmesg shows the following:
cy0 at iomem 0xd4000 irq 9 on isa0
cy0: driver is using old-style compatability shims

So, it looks good.

Now, I'm trying to create a ttyc* and cuac* devices
(as per Handbook):

# cd /dev
# ./MAKEDEV ttyc0
# ls -l ttyc*
crw-------  1 root  wheel   48,   0 Apr 11 16:19
ttyc00
crw-------  1 root  wheel   48,   1 Apr 11 16:19
ttyc01
[snip]
crw-------  1 root  wheel   48,  31 Apr 11 16:19
ttyc0v
# ls -l ttyc* | wc -l
    32

This is not what I expected - I thought I should have
something like ttyc0 - ttyc15.

Also, if I try to create cuac* devices, I get the same
unexpected device names - cuac00...cuac0v.

What am I doing wrong? Did I miss something?

Any help/suggestions are very-very welcome.

Thanks.

Kins Orekhov.