Date:      Thu, 30 Sep 1999 22:08:57 +0600 (ESS)
From:      Ilia Chipitsine <ilia@cgilh.chel.su>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   upgrading from 2.2.5 to 3.2 (URGENT)

Dear All,

I need to upgrade university mail server from FreeBSD-2.2.5 to
FreeBSD-3.2

(It was developed too rapidly, server is running just about 1.5 years :-)

I installed FreeBSD-2.2.5 onto *test machine* and tried to
"# make upgrade"

it said ...

localhost# cd /usr/src
localhost# make upgrade
/usr/src/tools/tools/upgrade/getosreldate.sh: Can't open
/usr/src/tools/tools/upgrade/getosreldate.sh
"Makefile.upgrade", line 23: warning: "sh
/usr/src/tools/tools/upgrade/getosreldate.sh" returned non-zero status
Your source tree must not be fully populated; unable to find upgrade
script
in /usr/src/tools/tools/upgrade/doupgrade.sh.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
localhost#

where do I take those scripts ? They are not on the my disk with 3.2-R.

Regards, (Наилучшие пожелания)

 Ilia Chipitsine (Илья Шипицин)