Date:      Mon, 11 Dec 1995 21:14:21 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: What ever happened to... ?

> 	Why not have some sort of "registration" fee, or something
> similar with a different name, that gives some sort of "extra level
> of service" or something...

I would prefer to leave it voluntary in all respects for now, and as
uncomplicated as possible.  If a distributor would like to donate some
portion of all CD sales back, that'd be nice.  I'm also going to try
to get WC to chip in a small amount each month.

I'm also more than happy to provide accounting information WRT
donations and how they're being spent, it's just sort of moot right
now given that we've no money to spend anyway.  If the amount actually
gets up to the 4 figure range somewhere, I'll also discuss any and all
expendatures with the core team before making them.

In the meantime, the simpler the better.  I don't have time right now
(or even usually at all) to get into really complicated fund-raising
schemes and would actually prefer that such arrangements, if they're
to be made at all, be done by 3rd parties who then simple present me
with one unified deposit.  It's complicated enough just producing the
"product" here. :-)

					Jordan