Date:      Fri, 27 Aug 1999 08:50:55 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Konrad Heuer <kheuer@gwdu60.gwdg.de>
To:        =?iso-8859-1?q?Claude=20Zipfel?= <czprive@yahoo.fr>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: LPD/LPR changes from 2.x to 3.2

On Thu, 26 Aug 1999, [iso-8859-1] Claude Zipfel wrote:

> we have a fbsd 2.2.5 server, which reroutes printjobs for about 50
> printers. the machines receives them with lpd and sends them after
> filtering to other lpd hosts.
>=20
> we want to upgrade this server to fbsd 3.2, and made some tests on a
> 3.2 machine.
>=20
> we noticed several (major) changes to lpd, so that we can't upgrade our
> server.
>=20
> how do i find out what changed from 2.2.5 to 3.2 in usr/src i couldn't
> find anything.

You should be able to find differences in /usr/src/usr.sbin/lpr/lpd/* (I
did at least). Anyway, what doesn't work anymore? My experience isn't so
bad. Beside few minor bugs I found (and reported) in 3.0-R and 3.1-R the
important features are ok.

Regards

//
// Konrad Heuer                                  ____            ___  _____=
__=20
// Gesellschaft f=FCr wissenschaftliche           / __/______ ___ / _ )/ __=
/ _ \
//    Datenverarbeitung mbH G=D6ttingen          / _// __/ -_) -_) _  |\ \/=
 // /
// Am Fa=DFberg, D-37077 G=D6ttingen              /_/ /_/  \__/\__/____/___=
/____/=20
// Deutschland (Germany)                      ----- The Power to Serve ----=