Date:      Wed, 28 May 2008 02:19:32 -0400
From:      Paul Chvostek <paul@it.ca>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   what do I do with python eggs?

Hiya.

I'm making a port that uses Python and easy_install.  I'm not familiar
with this installer ... but the port I've created follows the example of
some others, and does appear to install.

The catch is, it doesn't clean up.  A `make deinstall` or pkg_delete
will leave stuff in /usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/*-py2.5.egg/
and I'm not sure what to add to pkg-plist, since this is something that
easy_install is doing.

Is this enough information?  What am I failing to understand about eggs?

Thanks.  :)

  Paul Chvostek                                             <paul@it.ca>

  "To larger sight, the rim of shadow is the line of light."
    - Thomas William Parsons