Date:      Mon, 12 Aug 1996 21:38:30 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Andreas Klemm <andreas@klemm.gtn.com>
To:        "Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com" <michaelv@HeadCandy.com>
Cc:        Rob Snow <rsnow@lgc.com>, hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: P6 Natoma chipset

On Sun, 11 Aug 1996, Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com wrote:

> >On Tue, 6 Aug 1996, Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com wrote:
> >> I believe a decent current BIOS should be able to do this.  I just
> >> ordered the SuperMicro Dual P6 board (with one 200MHz CPU).  Well see
> >> when it arrives. :-)
>
> >Do you think FreeBSD will run onto it using 1 CPU or ...
>
> There is no reason why it wouldn't run on it...  (And in fact, I would
> expect the FreeBSD experimental SMP code to run on it with both CPUs.)

Hi Michael !

Would be nice if you could give me further informations on this
topic ... I think two P90 overclocked to 100 MHz on a multiprocessor
board would be a nice system ... Or what do you think about this
(little) overclocking ?! It runs here since months ...

Since I buy a new CPU/System every or every two years, it doesn't
matter for me, if the CPU has a lifetime of 2 or 10 years ;-)

133 Mhz doesn't run ;-))

	Andreas ///

--
andreas@klemm.gtn.com         /\/\___      Wiechers & Partner Datentechnik GmbH