Date:      Thu, 14 Jan 1999 18:51:24 +0000
From:      Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>
To:        chemtechweb@psn.net
Cc:        HERBELOT Thierry <Thierry.Herbelot@alcatel.fr>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Running NATD on a dialup connection

[.....]
> As you can see, I'd need to have PPP or pppd running all the time and
> be connected before I can start NATD (unless there's something about
> ppp that replaces NATD, but I don't remember hearing anything about
> it...)

You haven't heard much.  Saying this implies that you haven't read
the mailing list charters.  If you had, you'd know that you should
look for an answer to your question before asking, and if you'd done
that you would have seen more than one mention of masquerading/nat
under ppp.

> Thanks anyways :)

``ppp -alias blah'' is your friend.

--