Date:      Tue, 21 Nov 1995 11:08:07 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        drobinso@ns.ccinet.net (Daniel Robinson)
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Support for Micro Channel Machines

> Any idea when support for MCA machines might be available?  I
> have a little time I could spare to help debug/test and a
> PS/2 Model 80 with an AHA-1640 SCSI controller; 3Com MC523
> EtherLink/MC adapter; Cyrix Cx486DRx2 processor and 16 MB RAM.
>
> I'm new to FreeBSD but have 10+ years with various Unix
> derivatives duing Admin, appl development, etc.

There are MCA ABIOS based drivers.  The code has never been integrated
because the authors have never released it.

You would get better response posting this to the hackers list instead
of the questions list.  I know the MCA people read the hackers list but
think they don't read the questions list.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.