Date:      Wed, 21 Aug 2002 20:44:27 +0200
From:      Gianmarco Giovannelli <gmarco@giovannelli.it>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Porting from win32 to UNIX: Sockets

Hi a friend of mine involved in a porting project.
He has asking me something about socket and more I am not able to answer  :-)

Thanks for your attention...

--- begin ---

[...]
that are familiar with "low-level-TCP/IP" coding.
plz help

following problem:
I don't know how to get an errorcode in case of socket-operation failed
(send/recv)
in windows it goes like this

e.g
res = send(....);
if (res==SOCKET_ERROR)
{
err = WSAGetLastError();
}

but how to do this in linux/UNIX/BSD ?
what's the equivalent of WSAGetLastError ?

furthermore I need to know the errorcodes of
"wouldblock" and "connreset"

Best Regards,
Gianmarco Giovannelli ,  "Unix expert since yesterday"
http://www.gufi.org/~gmarco