Date:      Sun, 17 Jan 2010 20:23:29 -0600
From:      Josh Paetzel <jpaetzel@freebsd.org>
To:        Warren Block <wblock@wonkity.com>
Cc:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Comments on Verizon Mobile Broadband wanted

Warren Block wrote:
> Can anyone comment on using the Verizon 3G service for "broadband"
> access on FreeBSD?
>
> Which devices are supported on FreeBSD?  Is USB or PC-Card preferable?
>
> -Warren Block * Rapid City, South Dakota USA

I've used Sprint for years, should be the same setup.  I've had both
PCMCIA cards and USB.  Currently using a Compass 597 USB device.  You'll
just want to make sure whatever you get is supported by the u3g driver.

As an observation, the PCMCIA devices are USB controllers with the USB
modem embedded, so going with a USB device saves a layer and is cheaper
to boot.

--
Thanks,

Josh Paetzel