Date:      Wed, 30 Oct 2002 22:20:24 -0500 (EST)
From:      Chris Hill <chris@monochrome.org>
To:        Jacob Rhoden <jrhoden@unimelb.edu.au>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: good colour laser printers?

On Tue, 29 Oct 2002, Jacob Rhoden wrote:

> I was wondering if there are any people who use colour laser printers with
> freebsd, what models work.... and print photos fairly well? (I dont want to
> pay excessive amounts of money for a colour laser printer, especially if it
> doesnt work with FreeBSD)

Since nobody else has answered...

I've had no trouble with this HP 4550N. It worked right out of the box
with FreeBSD, MacOS, and WinDoze. I haven't tried to print from any
other OSes. It does a decent job on photos, though I was never fooled
into thinking I was looking at a film print.

I don't know what price you would consider "excessive", but it seems
that any color laser won't exactly be cheap.

HTH.

--
Chris Hill               chris@monochrome.org
**                     [ Busy Expunging <|> ]