Date:      Thu, 27 Sep 2001 20:54:53 +0200
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?B?U/hyZW4gTmVpZ2FhcmQ=?= <neigaard@e-box.dk>
To:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   where is the "native" in the jdk122 native port?

I just installed the jdk122 port on my box, and it installed a LOT of
other things (mainly Linux stuff, as I could see). An it the
complained that I haven't got support for Linux binaries at the end.
Well... I wanted to run Unix, not Linux :)

Actually I have 2 questions in this mail:

1) Why is all that Linux stuff needed for a jdk122, when it's not for
the jdk118?

2) Should I install Linux binary support? Is it fast (as fast as
Linux, and as fast as native FreeBSD)? Is it stable?

Ok the last question was more than one, sorry :)

--
Med venlig hilsen/Best regards,
 Søren Neigaard mailto:neigaard@e-box.dk