Date:      Wed, 25 Apr 2001 12:20:55 +0000
From:      "Andreas Hofer" <ho@dsa-ac.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Install from SCSI CDROM at PCMCIA SCSI card

Hi, list,

I am trying to install FreeBSD 4.1 on a notebook which has no builtin
CDROM. Therefore I plugged a Adaptec SlimSCSI into one of the PCMCIA
slots and connected an external SCSI cdrom to it. Using this
configuration, I already did installs of various operating systems.

Sadly enough, this kind of installation does not seem to be supported
very well under FreeBSD. Ok, the installer detects my controller and
the SlimSCSI is properly detected (I compiled a custum kernel with
aic support for the Adaptec card) But tthe installer still does not
detect the external SCSI cdrom.

So , is there anybody out there being able to tell me how to
proceed?

Andreas
.
---