Date:      Tue, 26 Feb 2002 23:09:14 -0800 (PST)
From:      abhijit vaidya <sherlockabhi@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   SCSI sharing

--0-268752901-1014793754=:11089

Hi all,

   I have 1 SCSI and 2 adapters that support sharing of SCSI. I have shared the disk among 2 computers. The disk has two partitions which are accessed as /dev/da0s1e and /dev/da0s2e. When I mount /dev/da0s1e on one of the machines and write some data onto it, it writes the data onto it. Even ls -l shows correct size of file written. But when the same partition is mounted on other machine, even after doing fsck it doesn't show any data in the same file. It shows size of fie to be 0 bytes. Please tell me some way of doing this so that file written by one machine onto partition /dev/da0s1e is available in consistent manner to the other machine.

Awaiting for reply,

Thanking all in anticipation,

Abhijit Vaidya.

--0-268752901-1014793754=:11089

<P>Hi all,</P>
<P>&nbsp;&nbsp; I have 1 SCSI and 2 adapters that support sharing of SCSI. I have shared the disk among 2 computers. The disk has two partitions which are accessed as /dev/da0s1e and /dev/da0s2e. When I mount /dev/da0s1e on one of the machines and write some data onto it, it writes the data onto it. Even ls -l shows correct size of file written. But when the same partition is mounted on other machine, even after doing fsck it doesn't show any data in the same file. It shows size of fie to be 0 bytes. Please tell me some way of doing this so that file written by one machine onto partition /dev/da0s1e is available in consistent manner to the other machine.</P>
<P>Awaiting for reply,</P>
<P>Thanking all in anticipation,</P>
<P>Abhijit Vaidya.</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>