Date:      Tue, 28 Oct 2014 08:13:39 +0100
From:      "O. Hartmann" <ohartman@zedat.fu-berlin.de>
To:        "freebsd-ports@freebsd.org" <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   net-mgmt/icinga2: web interface with FreeBSD?

I was wondering if someone has successfully configured ICINGA2 on
FreeBSD, using the Web-2 or even Web frontend.

ICINGA2 is successfully installed on my systems, also IDO on PostgreSQL.

While almost EVERY Howto relates to Linux and a port/package
called icinga-web, FreeBSD seems to be without any notes - not even the
port has any informations about what  and where to find (I find it not
very pleasant having to search for pgsql.conf, which is important for
setting up the database and is located
in /usr/local/share/examples/icinga2/... - a note in the pkg_message
would be helpful).

Well, I'm now back to ICINGA and try to configure io2db. As I
understand the Linux HowTo, ido2db is taken from ICINGA 1 and is not a
separate or ICINGA 2 specific facility. So, my thinking is that it must
be possible to install and configure net-mgmt/icinga with only the
ido2db portions and install/run port net-mgmt/icinga2 instead of
net-mgmt/icinga.

Any hints appreciated. Please CC me.

oh