Date:      Wed, 13 Mar 2002 19:30:12 -0500
From:      Pete Fritchman <petef@databits.net>
To:        "A. I. Sinclair" <aisinclair@zapp.ch>
Cc:        DougB@FreeBSD.org, ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: bind-9.1.3

++ 14/03/02 01:05 +0100 - A. I. Sinclair:
| Hi,
|
| any idea when 9.2 wil be available.
|
| If soon I'll wait o/wise I install 9.1.3

Poor Doug.. he puts this note in the Makefile and still gets tons of
email about updating bind:

# I stay very aware of developments with BIND in general, and with
# BIND 9 in particular. I frequently delay updating this port from
# a known-stable version due to concerns about stability of a newer
# version. If you are concerned about using the most recent ISC
# release you can generally build it cleanly from the source - Doug

Maybe you should set PKGNAMESUFFIX to
"-iknowthisisntthelatestversionbutpleasereadtheMakefile" :-)

--pete

--
Pete Fritchman [petef@(databits.net|freebsd.org|csh.rit.edu)]
finger petef@databits.net for PGP key