Date:      Thu, 13 Jan 2000 11:42:23 -0800
From:      "Josep M. Blanquer" <blanquer@cs.ucsb.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ATI XPERT 128

  Hi,

  Is anybody successfully using the ATI XPERT 128 (mine is 16Mb)
with the Xfree86 ?

  I got the port, compiled it (Xfree3.3.6 is needed in order to
support the new chip) and installed it. Everything
went OK, but the problem is that the server wouldn't show correctly
the fonts! This only happens when enabling the acceleration (default
option). If I use Option "no_accel", then it works beautifully (but
slow as hell).

  So has anybody found this problem or know how to solve it?

  Thanks,

  Josep M.
PS: CC me also, since I'm not in -questions.