Date:      05 Dec 2002 17:21:54 +0300
From:      Akifyev Sergey <asa@gascom.ru>
To:        Tiago Andre <tiagoandre@hotmail.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: install second ethernet card

On Thu, 2002-12-05 at 16:22, Tiago Andre wrote:

[... part was ripped by viruses ...]

> >What does ping6 say to you?
>
> No route to host

I assume, that xl1 interface is up. So, it looks like you specified
incorrect IPv6 netmask (or prefixlen). Double check this parameter!
Next, look at

	netstat -r -f inet6 |fgrep xl1

output. It _must_ _not_ be empty. If it is, you should try to add route
manually. I can not supply you with exact command, because you are
hiding all the important information, like IPv6 address, prefixlen and
routing table contents. You think all the world would be able to hack
your home network, knowing just your private IPv6 adresses? The more you
hide - the less you get! So, read man route(8)...

> >What's your `ifxonfig xl0` and `ifconfig xl1` output?
> Can you be more explicit about this??

I asked you to give your `ifconfig xl1` output to take a look at your
prefixlen. And netstat output to look if your box have properly set
route for that interface.

> >What address are you pinging (is it local for that interface) ?
> another host (my net)
> >Does target host support IPv6?
> yes, whid the xl0 its ok, the problem is on xl1

It seems very strange to me... Are both interfaces plugged to same
network? Or else, how would you ping same host from different interfaces
(without setting up proper routing)?

> >Without giving enough information about your problem you'll never get
> >any useful answer. Be more verbose, please.
> >
> > > And i think that the configuration is OK, i think... its equal from xl0
> >
> >Equal configuration? What, except adress and netmask, did you configure?
> yes

Wow! How to configure a 'yes'? ;)

[... part was ripped by viruses ...]

Regards,